Main roles / Employee tasks:
1. Diagnoses and treats work-related illnesses injuries of employees, and conducts fitness-for-duty physical examinations.
2. Attends patients in site or hospital and reexamines disability cases periodically to verify progress.
3. Oversees maintenance of health examination reports and other medical records.
4. Formulates administers health programs.
5. Inspects site and makes recommendations regarding sanitation elimination of health hazards.
6. Review current workplace environment to identify any risks to illness or injury
7. Create a plan that works on overcoming those issues and improving the safety and health of employees in the process.
8. Address any illnesses or injuries that occur on the jobsite as they occur.
9. Recommend follow up care or treatment, and offer referrals to additional medical professionals if needed.
10. Develop wellness programs within the company that improve overall health and well-being. Programs could include smoking cessation, nutritional, or fitness related initiatives.
Minimum skills required:
• Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Manage own time and the time of others.
• Diploma to Bachelor’s degree preferred in relevant field.
Experience & Competencies Required
• 1 years of experience in the field
• Build relationships and networks easily
• Good communication skills
• Able to work long hours
• Speak English and Kiswahili language
• Flexible, reliable, hard worker, adaptable, responsible and Team player