Shipping Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
• Consolidate and plan shipments both for quotation to the liner market and for presentation to the market.
• Manage the operational aspects of all vessels carrying organisation commodities, including loading and discharging operations and the contracting of stevedoring services.
• Appoint, instruct and supervise a network of load and discharge ports in accordance with the agreed terms and conditions of the charter party and provide advice to the organisation appointed agents and the country offices as required.
• Supervise the performance of organisation appointed shipping and forwarding agents, stevedores and other ancillary contractors at load ports of discharge.
• Prepare and implement policy guidelines and operational directives and procedures in respect of ocean liner transport activity.
• Supervise and provide training to other shipping staff as required.
• Liaise closely with agents and suppliers to ensure that cargo readiness matches vessels arrival.
• Prepare and maintain statistical reports on shipping and chartering information.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
At least 3 years of progressively responsible professional experience in shipping, freight forwarding and/or general maritime transport. Working knowledge of shipping operations, bookings and rate structures or chartering/shipping/port operations, charter parties and charter freight conditions.
University Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Shipping, Transport Management or other related fields.
• Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.