Ensures that haulage and public transport get to their destinations safely, on time and in the most cost-effective way.
Managing the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation matters within the organisation. This includes managing budgets, organizing schedules & routes, ensuring that vehicles are safe and meet legal requirements, and making sure that drivers are aware of their duties.
• Directing all transportation activities.
• Developing transportation relationships.
• Monitoring transport costs.
• Negotiating and bargaining transportation prices.
• Dealing with the effects of congestion.
• Confronting climate change issues by implementing transport strategies and monitoring an organisation’s carbon footprint.
• Planning routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries.
• Booking in deliveries and liaising with customers.
• Allocating and recording resources and movements on the transport planning system.
• Ensuring all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
• Communicating effectively with clients and responding to their requirements.
• Booking sub-contractors and ensuring they deliver within agreed terms.
• One year experience in the same field
• Bachelor Degree or Diploma
NB: Female are highly recommended to apply!