Senior Legal Specialist
Joining Vodacom is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Senior Legal Specialist responsible to manage and provide corporate legal services as in-house counsel in the Legal team and endeavour to provide effective link between the team and internal and external stakeholders in all legal matters.
- Working in collaboration with all levels of management to guarantee availability of valid and appropriate contracts for all areas of business.
- Negotiate, draft and review all contracts and other legal documents in the Division in line with Company Delegation of Authority
- Timely provision of legal advice and support to the Company pertaining to various business issues as and when needed.
- Overseeing execution of contracts in line with legal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Representing the company in courts and other dispute resolution mechanisms.
- Managing all disputes and litigation involving the Company and ensure availability of records and relevant reports.
- Ensuring legal policies and procedure are in place and updated to confirm with company legal requirement
- Carrying out any other duty as may be assigned by the Company
- Managing consumer complaints and provide feedback to the Tanzania Regulatory Authority (TCRA) and the Bank of Tanzania (BOT)
- To provide appropriate link management between the Legal Division and the internal and external stakeholders
Core competencies, knowledge and working experience
- Very good knowledge of legal concepts, techniques and principles
- Experience in handling complex corporate and commercial transactions and or projects
- High level of computer literacy exceptionally conversant with Word
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer and business oriented approac
- Strong communication skills, fluency in English and Kiswahili and ability to interact with other team members
- Outstanding ability to apply knowledge of Law and advise Management accordingly.
- Effective Contract Management Skills
- At least three years’ experience in telecommunication industry or any FMCG or busy corporate legal service-providing law firm
- A holder of Bachelor of Laws from a recognized university,
- A Registered Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and Courts sub-ordinate thereto for not less than 5 years’ experience.
- Legal Negotiation
- Legal Innovation
- Legal and Regulatory Knowhow
- Advice and Solutions
- Risk and Compliance
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
MODE OF APPLICTAION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.