Position: Senior Regulatory Specialist
Type: Full Time
The Senior Regulatory Specialist is responsible for ensuring compliance with the key Mobile Financial Services (MFS) regulatory requirements and/or the regulatory compliance programme/matrix across the company.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- To support Mobile Financial Services regulatory affairs strategies and regulatory requirements are effectively executed to meet business objectives and legal requirements.
- To prepare and update regularly the Mobile Financial Services regulatory compliance programme, liaise with the line management to ensure and/or guide compliance thereof and assist the line management on all regulatory matters of the Company.
- To coordinate regulatory relationships between the Company and all stakeholders in the sector i.e. the regulators, the Government, fellow operators and consumers.
- To monitor compliance with the terms and conditions of service licenses granted to the Company, and at the same time to ensure that all rights, privileges and entitlements of the Company under the licenses and the laws of the country are protected, enjoyed by the company and not infringed upon.
- To ensure timely availability of advice and guidance to line management and business pertaining to various regulatory issues as and when required.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Attention to Detail: Ability to focus on the lowest level of detail and assess the impact at the macro level
Strong analytical skills
- Strong mix and combination of legal/regulatory skills. Not less than 3 yrs experience
- Passion for the role: Exhibit enthusiasm and a can-do attitude about work and deliver
- Not less than 3 years’ experience in handling legal/regulatory matters
- Experience in managing regulators not less than at least 3 years
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- A holder of Bachelor of Laws from a recognized university,
- A Registered Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and Courts sub-ordinate thereto for not less than 5 years’ experience,
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.