Position: Loan Officer/ Credit Officer
We are seeking a motivated, experienced Loan Officer/ Credit Officer to join our growing company. In this position, you will evaluate and approve or deny loan applications. You will act as liaison between financial institutions, individuals, and businesses applying for loans as well as process loan applications, solicit loans, and act as intermediary for creditors and borrowers.
Loan Officer Job Duties:
- Evaluates loan applications and documentation by confirming credit worthiness.
- Improves loan applications and documentation by informing applicant of additional requirements.
- Rejects loans by explaining deficiencies to applicants.
- Approves loans by issuing checks or forwarding applications to loan committee.
- Completes loan contracts by explaining provisions to applicant; obtaining signatures and notarizations; collecting fees.
- Helps customers by answering questions; responding to requests.
- Maintains customer confidence by keeping loan information confidential.
- Accomplishes Company mission by completing related results as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or related field; master’s degree preferred
- Experience in the relevant field will be an added advantage
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to analyze financial records and transfer data
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills, attentiveness, and information retention.
- Detail oriented, high degree of accuracy.
- Familiar with banking regulations and responsibilities relating to each including a working.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently.
- Strong communication & organizational skills.
- Competence with computers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & under pressure as needed.
- The ability to make sound decisions. This may include making on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions; weighing customer satisfaction issues with the Bank’s exposure to loss or fraud and the ability to think through and rationalize decisions.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
All applications should be filed through the following email address or the physical address with necessary certified attachments before 20th January 2020.
WEZESHA MZAWA MICROFINANCE,
P.O.BOX 7534, SINZA-MORI,
OPPOSITE WANYAMA HOTEL
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA.