The WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature) Tanzania Country Office,is seeking for a competent and highly motivated Communications & Awareness Officer, to be based in Dar es Salaam.
- To ensure quality and timely delivery of outputs related to communications and awareness raising under the TCO Marine Programme.
- These include effectively communicating the objectives and achievements of the programme to a range of stakeholders; as well as facilitating knowledge management and awareness raising on issues surrounding sustainable fisheries and marine resources management amongst coastal communities in the programme area, as well as counterparts from partner institutions at higher levels.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Program budgets management.
- Deliver communications and awareness related outputs stated in marine component of WWF TCO strategic Plan;
- Preparing a visibility plan, communication and awareness strategy for marine programme which is oriented around the social, cultural and religious characteristics of coastal communities;
- Coordinating a diverse awareness programme in conjunction with relevant partners, including design, production & distribution of relevant materials and implementation of appropriate activities and events, and raise awareness about the marine programme to all stakeholders;
- Coordinating local & national media coverage of noteworthy events and successes related to the TCO Marine Programme.
Required Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in environmental education, communications, natural resources management or similar.
- At least three years relevant professional experience in communication and / or environmental education, with an emphasis on sustainable natural resources management.
- Experiences in fisheries or marine resources management, sustainable coastal livelihoods will be an advantage.