The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), is an International Non-Governmental Organization that deals with conservation of nature through a number of environmental management programmes. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the Planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which human live in harmony with nature WWF Tanzania Country Office (TOO) is seeking for a competent and motivated “Project Executant” for WWF Kilwa field office
The main role of this position is to support, develop and coordinate the implementation of the Blue Action Fund (BAF) project activities aimed to improve management effectiveness of Mafia Island Marine Park (MIMP) and associated buffer zones within the ‘Rufiji-Mafia-Kilwa seascape’ to maintain and improve its ecological value and livelihoods of the people and nature. Additionally, S/He will support establishment of the Man and Biosphere Reserve in order to foster economic and human development which is socio-culturally and ecologically sustainable.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide technical input on the planning, design and implementation of BAF project to improve the sustainability of marine critical habitats and species under threat
- Develop Terms of Reference (ToRs) and grant agreements on ecological and non-ecological monitoring of essential habitats for Man and Biosphere studies including fisheries, mangrove, and coral reefs in MIMP and Rufiji-Mafia-Kilwa Seascape among other things;
- Support implementation of WWF TCO Country Strategic Plan (CSP);
- Support implementation of Collaborative Fisheries Management (CFM) approaches and Livelihood enterprises in MIMP and Rufiji-Mafia-Kilwa Seascape;
- Develop and implement integrated conservation planning approaches and provide technical guidance on ecological and livelihood values in Rufiji-Mafia-Kilwa Seascape;
- Prepare and monitor implementation of contracts with third parties and partner institutions in consultation with the Programme Coordinator;
- Carry other duties as may be required by Marine Programme Coordinator and/or the WWF TCO Conservation Manager
- The position may involve working in variable weather conditions and remote locations
- The position may involve frequent domestic and international travels
- Applicant Requirements: Minimum MSC or equivalent in fisheries/marine ecology or natural resources management. Ph.D is an added advantage; ,At least five years relevant professional experience in fisheries and marine ecology .Understanding of, and sensitivity towards, the culture and livelihoods context of rural coastal communities in Tanzania, A proven ability to work effectively without direct supervision, Leading teams; working in a team and willing to travel regularly and to stay for periods in remote coastal areas and to travel at short notice
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.